Yay it’s finally spring! Let’s be real these heels are not for moming about. No way. But I love to mix florals and animal print, and I walked all of 10 feet in them to the front lawn of the building we live in. It’s just now starting to warm up, but the day we took these photos it was so chilly. I didn’t mind because I so was happy to get one more day out of that bear onesie. Is it not the cutest thing ever?
I finally made the transition over to WordPress and I’m still working out the kinks on this new site. There has been a bit of a learning curve, but thank God I have a techy hubby, he’s been so helpful! We always joke that he may not be able to change a lightbulb, but he can fix a computer! hehe. The site will change a lot over the next few weeks I’m sure, but I wanted to get it up so I don’t lose my momentum. I’ve totally committed to doing this blog this year, and so far I’m really enjoying it. If anything, I’m just happy to be journaling again and capturing these moments with my little family. Some day, I will get Jon in more of these shots. He is super camera shy but I keep trying to tell him to get over it haha.
I’ve seen this done on some other blogs and thought it would be fun to try it too. It’s just 12 random things about lately… ok here it goes..
- The past 5 or 6 nights in a row, I’ve been dreaming about cows. It’s the weirdest most random thing ever, I know. Last night Jon came into our room to kiss me goodnight and I said to him sort of annoyed, “I hope I don’t dream about cows again” lol. I looked it up in my dream dictionary (yes I have one of those, 2 of them in fact) 🙂 and it said that the cow symbolizes the goddess of love and fertility, and a symbol of femininity, longing, and motherhood. Hmmm.
- Oskar is teething and I just ordered him an amber bead necklace. Has anyone tired these? and do they work?
- I am slowly trying to switch over all my beauty and hair care products to ones that are organic. The more I research how toxic literally EVERYTHING is, I want to get rid of all of it.
- I have started making some of my own organic baby food and its SO easy and fun. And way cheaper!
- I am really terrible about skipping breakfast now because I’ve got so much to do in the mornings to get out the door. I know how bad this is, so I just ordered a vegan protein powder from Arbonne and let me tell you, it’s delicious! Never in my life have I been able to drink a protein powder just mixed with water, but it’s seriously so good.
- I used to sleep in really cute silky Victoria Secret nighties, pretty much always. And not for anyone but myself. It has always made me feel good. Lately, I’m going to bed in super dumpy sweatpants and I’m not totally sure what happened haha. Well, I’m going back to my old ways because it makes me feel so much better. Its hard to explain but I feel more confident when I wake up or something, and I sleep better! I dunno, try it!
- Jon has decided he would like to do most of the dinner cooking from now on. My first reaction was, gee my cooking really is that bad haha, but then I quickly got way excited because I hate cooking dinner. I haven’t always been this way and it bums me out that I loath it that much. I’m really hoping it’s just a phase and I’ll get into it again. I realized that when I was cooking all the time (and actually enjoying it) was when I was watching cooking shows constantly. So, the other day when Oskar was napping I was looking for some to record and I couldn’t really find any!? Most of the shows now are cooking competitions! 🙁 Tonight for dinner we had a pre made rotisserie chicken…and our side was a bottle of wine. I’m thinkin I better find some shows lol.
- I have to get eye glasses this weekend and I’m not really excited about it. My vision is… errr pretty bad. I just go about pretending like it’s not. The last time I got glasses I felt nauseous for days and I always felt way off balance. I could never get used to them! I asked for contacts and the eye doctor told me I have to wear glasses every day for six months first. He explained to me why and I forgot and didn’t really understand, but how can this be true?
- Oskar has started to respond to his name and its soooo cute. He turns his head to see you and gives the biggest smile. He is also very close to sitting up by himself. I am looking forward to this because I think he will have more fun playing with a lot of his toys. And taking a bath should be easier and more fun too!
- I’d really like to purchase a water flosser. I am an old lady.
- Ive never had a spray tan. The kind done by a person. I made an appointment today to get one and I’m so excited but kind of nervous. I’m terrified of being stinky and orange.
- I’ve never been a big online shopper, but I do it a lot more now. It’s just easier when you have an infant. I bought a few things from Forever21’s website, and after checkout I thought to myself…well that was amazing. I didn’t have to drive there, grab way to many things that I don’t need, and try on clothes in a tiny dressing room with a baby. I purchased things that weren’t super fitted and it worked out fine. I was more thoughtful when making my selections too! I’ll be online shopping most of my clothes from now on for sure!
Alright thats it! Off to bed….in my silky 🙂